BREAKING NEWS: Thor woman sent to hospital after fire

Breana Butler, a resident of the Thor Apartments in Thor, was taken by the Renwick Ambulance to Iowa Specialty Hospital in Clarion Wednesday afternoon for treatment of smoke inhalation after a stove fire in her apartment. Humboldt Independent photo by Kent Thompson.

The Thor Fire Department, first responders, the Renwick Ambulance Service and the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office were called to the Thor Apartments at the corner of Martha and Lill streets Wednesday afternoon for an apartment fire that sent a Thor woman to the hospital.
The Humboldt County Law Enforcement Center received a 911 call from a female in Thor saying there was a fire and she couldn’t breathe. The call was received at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday.
The Thor Fire Department was dispatched and determined the cause to be food cooking on a stove in apartment 1.
The lone occupant, Breana Butler, was safely extracted from the apartment and was transported by Renwick Ambulance to Iowa Specialty Hospital in Clarion for treatment of smoke inhalation.
“The fire was quickly contained,” Thor Fire Chief Kevin Olson said. There was minor smoke damage to the apartment with the stove and range hood being the items most severely damaged.
The fire department was on the scene for about 30 minutes.

Rate this article: 
No votes yet